You will provide front-line primary technical support to clients on various technical issues and problems relating to hardware, software and peripherals. You will also be responsible for responding to, documenting and resolving service tickets in a timely manner according to SLA with your excellent problem solving skills in order to diagnose, evaluate and resolve complex problem situations.
- Act as first line of contact for our clients via all communication channels.
- Ensure all calls are logged and detailed in Incident Management ticketing system.
- Monitor incident management queue, providing the appropriate categorization and responding within SLA.
- Ensure tickets contain clear and concise details of issues
- Undertake first line diagnostics at first contact to determine and resolve general issues.
- Provide excellent customer service to callers by engaging customers according to training, policies & expectations of the company
- Applies exceptional teamwork practices at all times.
- Strong interpersonal skills in order to work with all client skill levels
- Provide support and train staff on new software and procedures
- Assist in all aspects of support where deemed necessary.
- Understand and comply with security and support policies and procedures.
- Create Knowledge Base Articles
- Manage all types of devices in a business environment
- Perform or assist in user online support and end user group support.
Provide afterhours, on-call support for all clients when scheduled. On-call expectations for all Support personnel are as follows:
- On-call per published schedule (typically 4 to 5 weeks per year)
- On-call schedule coverage is from 5:00 pm Thursday to 5:00 pm the following Thursday
- Phone must be within reach 24x7 during the on-call period
- Must maintain accessibility to cellular network
- Must respond to a notification within 15 minutes of receipt
- Must be within 30 minutes of access to an internet enabled computer to research and correct the issue or be able to escalate as needed
- Responsible for seeing the call through to resolution.
- Responsible for documenting the received notification within incident management platform
- Responsible for communicating the status, progress, and resolution of the issue to the caller and management
- Self Motivated
- Detail Oriented
- Project Oriented
- A positive attitude and willingness to improve oneself
- High level working knowledge of Windows OS
- The ability to support Mac OS
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Strong knowledge of PC hardware, and the ability to troubleshoot and replace any component in a desktop PC comfortably
- A working knowledge of Directory administration
- Familiarity with network equipment such as firewalls, switches, and cabling
- A working knowledge of network routing, DNS, DHCP, VLAN
- Familiarity with of WLAN, access points & guest networks
- Familiarity with disk imaging & replication
- Familiarity with patch & change management
- Knowledge of PowerShell is considered an asset
- Knowledge ofOffice365 is considered an asset
- Knowledge of Azure Administration is considered an asset
- Post-Secondary education in the field of computer science or IT support services
- Any relevant certifications are considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively convey technical messages to non-technical audience
- Effective organizational and problems solving skills as well as planning for not only prioritizing work activities but also anticipating shifts in priorities
- Working from home (In Saskatchewan)
- Flexible hours
- Ability to work after hours and have on-call availability
- Vehicle and Travel is required. Mileage is reimbursed.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive work environment. An equitable and accessible recruitment process is a key part of our approach. Please let us know if we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more accessible.